- Description of Rura-Tonga, its history, environs, and inhabitants.
- Overview of political developments affecting the region.
- Information on period seaplanes, including the Grumman G-21.
- Briefings on Japanese forces operating in the area.
- Six archetypical heroes to use as pregenerated characters or templates for original characters.
- “Island of the Damned” crash lands the heroes, along with a patrol of Japanese pilots, on an island inhabited by others castaways who satisfy their ravenous hunger by stalking the living.
- In “Ship of Ghouls” a derelict freighter mysteriously appears, threatening the settlement at Rura-Tonga with its horrid secrets: mutant abominations and a seemingly unstoppable plague.
- “Doom of the Lost Library” sends the heroes on a quest for a missing Indian treasure trove fraught with betrayal, ancient guardians, and divine magic.
- “Wrath of the Mountain Goddess” pits the characters against earthquakes, tribal superstitions, and a mischievous shaman on their mission to stop the island’s volcano from erupting.
- In “Rockets of the Rising Sun” the heroes investigate and attempt to sabotage new Japanese military technology that could unbalance a coming war in the Pacific.
This pulp-era sourcebook uses the Any-System Key to describe stats and difficulties in easily defined terms gamers can quickly customize to their favorite game engines. To use the information in this roleplaying game supplement you’ll need a copy of the Any-System Key (included) and your favorite roleplaying game system.
Looking for a free sample of Heroes of Rura-Tonga adventure? Check out these free “pay-what-you-want” scenarios: